The Eastern Shore Reading Council is active in promoting literacy to individuals of all ages across the Lower Eastern Shore. Each community activity is an opportunity to expose young children, parents, and adults to the benefits of literacy. Contributors to each of the community outreach projects are done based on the needs of the community and passion of members who want to strengthen literacy practices in the local communities.
Some of the events include:
- Childbirth Class at Peninsula Regional Medical Center
- Habitat for Humanity Book Shelves
- Wild About Reading at Salisbury Zoo
- 3rd Friday events in Downtown Salisbury
- Back to School Bash in Pocomoke